Located in the original stables of Stockwood House, these galleries explore the history of the region from prehistoric times to the evolution of Stockwood House and the Farley estate.
- Start your tour with an introduction to Stockwood, with a gallery looking at its history for the last 200 years.
- Explore the changes to the environment in the Landscape and People Gallery.
- Meet some of the early inhabitants of the area in the Discover Archaeology Gallery and learn how we uncover the past.
- In the Roman and Anglo Saxon Gallery see the legacy that these people left us.
- Walk the streets of Luton in the 1400s in the Medieval Gallery.
- Thomas Wyatt Bagshawe was the museums first curator, in the Rural Trades Gallery see some of the craft and trade objects he collected from Bedfordshire villages in the 1930s-1950s. Our forge is located next to this gallery.
Our collection of vintage stationary engines are also located at this end of the site.