Interested in local history? We have a selection of free resources to support teaching and learning about Luton.
Linking local history with geography? Why not have a look at our scheme of learning called Estate Debate. Developed in partnership with Someries Junior School these free resources develop geography and local history skills and knowledge.
Images and information that compliment our teaching sessions can be found on the E2BN gallery. They are free to download.
Interested in local history? Check out the selection of resource booklets below which include secondary source materials and background information. These booklets are suitable for both teachers and secondary school aged pupils but feel free to adapt and use these for primary school children as well.
- Life in Roman Bedfordshire
- Luton: Market Town 1750 - 1850
- Luton: Straw Hat Boom Town 1850 - 1910
- Luton: Motor Town 1910 - 2000
- Luton: Hat Industry 1750 - 2000
- Keep Smiling Through - A WWII Resource Pack
- A walking trail around WWII bomb sites in Luton
- Hat Trail: A self guided 1.6 mile walking trail, highlighting the history of hat making in and around High-Town.
- Hat trail risk assessment guidance
- Hats and Plaits numeracy trail
The libraries have a wealth of online resources you can access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.