As part of LCST’s vision statement we have committed ourselves to become environmentally responsible as an organisation, review our practices and use our venues to promote environmental issues to the public.
We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our vision and business plan. It is our priority to encourage our customers, visitors, suppliers and all business associates to do the same and we will work with both existing and new partners to support this priority.
Not only is this sound commercial sense for all, it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
Our policy is to:
- Support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice;
- Minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as possible;
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable;
- Operate and maintain company vehicles with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of alternative means of transport and car sharing as appropriate;
- As far as possible purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same;
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance;
- Ensure that all our staff understand our environmental policy and priorities and work together to deliver them;
- Use our venues and activities to promote public awareness of environmental issues.
We will review / update our Environmental Policy annually and our Environmental sub-group will develop a rolling action plan to deliver the policy, ensuring that our Board of Trustees is engaged and signed up to it.