Details of Service
Obligations on behalf of the School / Academy or Educational Establishment
• Provide the Schools Library Service with a named contact and email/phone number for the welcome pack to be sent to.
• Circulate welcome pack material on how to make the most of classroom project collections and library loans to teachers and library staff in school.
• Provide the Schools Library Service with appropriate access to the school to ensure safe delivery and pick up of project collections and library loans.
• Send project requests for classroom project collections to the Schools Library Service three weeks before the end of term (Summer, Autumn and Spring).
• Prepare library loan books for book exchanges once a term (summer, autumn and spring). Alternatively, provide Schools Library Service staff access to the school library so that new books can be added to the library on your behalf.
• Complete evaluation forms to help the Schools Library Service continually improve our service.
• All items are the responsibility of the borrowing school and remain the property of the School Library Service. The Schools Library Service reserves the right to charge for overdue, damaged and/or lost items.
• Items must be returned to the Schools Library Service at the end of the loan or subscription period.
Quality Assurance Standards
• The Schools Library Service will deliver classroom project collections within the first 2 full weeks of term. NB- delayed returns of project requests for classroom project collections will result in a delayed delivery.
• The Schools Library Service will notify schools of any delivery problems and/or delays and arrange alternative dates for delivery.
• The Schools Library Service will add new resources to our stock throughout the year.
• The Schools Library Service will conduct an annual service quality review from school evaluations and feedback.
• The Schools Library Service will respond to all correspondence within 5 working days.
• The Schools Library Service will acknowledge complaints within 3 working days and respond within 10 working days.
• Any advice from the Schools Library Service is impartial. The School Library Service is a member of the Association of Senior Children’s and Education Librarians and of the School Library Association. The Community Librarian is a chartered member of the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals.